Monday, March 11, 2013

In Like a Lion.....

March comes in like a lion, right? Well so did Claire Noelle when she entered this world 4 years ago today! What a delivery! We were so excited to find out she was a girl since we did not know what we were having. I remember the nurse having to ask the doctor over and over to announce what we were having because she knew we did not know, but the doctor did not. He took his sweet time cleaning and suctioning as we waited patiently for the carefully placed umbilical cord to be moved to the side to see what God had given us! "IT'S A GIRL!" The three happiest words I have heard...aside from "IT'S A BOY" two different times :) 

Today Claire turns 4. I am ok with it. I usually have a hard time with each birthday for each kid but for some reason I am at peace with Claire turning 4. Now 5 MIGHT be a different story :) She is such a delightful child. She definitely has some crazy quarks that drive us up the wall: cannot have bumpy socks, dirty hands, dirty clothes, wet clothes, wrinkled paper in a book or during an art project, has to have her fruit snacks opened a certain way (every time) and so many more that I cannot think of right this minute. She changes clothes at least 3 times a day due to one of the quarks mentioned above. She fights me to learn how to write her letters but I know she knows how to do it...just will not do it for me. Pray that she does it for her preschool teacher next year! Claire has the sweetest smile and most awesome dimples you will ever see. Her eyes are HUGE and dark brown and very striking. Daddy will have a hard time with this one in the future! :) She calls her brothers her "boys", hush puppies are "puppy food", "piney cones" are Honeycomb cereal, "alligator" is elevator, and "vegetables" are Lunchables ( I wish! She would eat her veggies that way!). Once again, there are more, but I just cannot think of them right now. We love her. Dearly. Even when she wakes up 2 or 3 times a night because she is not tired. We love her. Even when she is hysterically screaming because the cup at dinner is not the one she wanted. We love her. Even when she thinks her boys are going to keep a toy they are playing with that is hers and she goes in a complete rampage. We love her. 

Claire Noelle, you are dearly loved by so many people. We love having you as part of our family. We love your smiles, giggles and all out belly laughs. Enjoy your special day...but please stop growing up so fast!

                   
Only Minutes Old!
         
  On her 1st Birthday! 


 On her 2nd Birthday! 

On her 3rd Birthday! 

Close to her 4th Birthday!



No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!