Saturday, March 14, 2009

Introducing......

Claire Noelle Menzie!  Born Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 9:57 pm weighing 7lbs 11oz and 19 inches long. 
I started contracting at 3pm on Wednesday afternoon and we headed to the hospital at 6:15pm. They checked me and told me to walk for an hour and come back. I was admitted at 9:00 and she was born 57 minutes later. 
We are home and everyone is doing well! Owen loves being a big brother and takes every opportunity to kiss her head or hold her hand. 
We will take more pictures in the upcoming days, but here are some to start off with! 


























































































7 comments:

Memaw and Papaw said...

Oh my, what a beautiful family! We are thrilled to have a granddaughter to love too!! Keep those adorable pictures coming. We'll see you all in May.

Love,
Cindy and Ken

Laura Beth said...

Did you have time for an epidural? That is an awesome labor story! I was only in the hospital an hour and twenty minutes before Levi was born--it as great!

Laura said...

Laura Beth, I did not have time for an epidural! And when you have in your mind that you are going to get one, it sure does take you by surprise when you cannot get one :) But everything went well and I could not be happier that I actually did it naturally! :)

I just could not believe how fast the contractions started out of no where and then 6 hours later she was here!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos...what a beautiful family of 4! It was really fun waiting to hear news of whether new baby was boy or girl:) So happy Mom and Claire are doing great!

Love, Dana and Phil Gallahan

Every Day Gourmet said...

She is so beautiful! So glad you now have one of each! That is wonderful that Owen loves her so much. Hope you recover quickly! I absolutely love the name you chose.

Laura said...

Thanks Susy! :) It has already been so much fun having a girl! I got to experience the cars and trucks and now the bows! :)

Sarah said...

What a precious little girl!!! We're so happy for you guys!

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!