Monday, April 13, 2009

Everyday "Going-ons" and Claire's 1st Easter!

Since having two kids limits my time at the computer, I have decided that this blog will mainly be pictures from now on, rather than a lot of commentary! Hope that is ok with
everyone :) 
Claire is growing like a weed! She is an overall really good baby and we are starting to get the nights and days straight! YEY! Owen continues to show an enormous amount of love and gentleness with her and it melts my heart to watch him interact with her. 
Mom and Dad left on March 30th after a wonderful 2 weeks! We really hated to see them go, but are hoping they are considering coming back out here in June :) HINT HINT!
Claire has had many "firsts" in the last month: First real bath (after cord fell off), first real smile, first real tears, first real shopping trip (to the outlets at castle rock), and First Easter! 
As you can see from the pictures, things are going well! I am really starting to adjust to having two kids and being able to take care of both of them and still get things done around the house..and even shower! Neil is a huge help when he gets home from work because he entertains Owen most of the evening and starts his bath and bed time routine. It will be an adjustment when he starts pulling shift work, but I will manage :)

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter! We woke up to a steady snow storm that dumped a very welcome wet 3 inches! We are hoping this will help things start to turn green! I cooked a couple of casseroles, a veggie salad, ham and strawberry pie and we packed the food and two kiddos up and drove north to Denver to see Neil's grandparents! It was a lovely Sunday afternoon spent catching up and playing with the kids! They even hid eggs in their basement for Owen to find! (it was cold and wet outside!)

I will try to post more often...just bear with me as I can only sit down for a couple of minutes at a time to get anything done! :)






































4 comments:

Ellyn said...

Man, you have been catching a lot of smiles recently! I'm glad you had a great visit/Easter in Denver.

Laura said...

Ellyn, I have to tell myself to take pictures which is so bad! The second child sure does get the short end of the stick! At least when i do remember to take pictures, I can capture some good ones of her! :)

Every Day Gourmet said...

Those are so cute! What a pair of adorable kids you have. Laura you are doing so much better then I was in the first month! I remember taking a nap every day when I put Jonathan and Anna down. Glad to hear things are going so well. We would love to meet both of your babies this summer!

Laura said...

Susy, believe me, I take a nap when I can as well :) Some days I almost feel better if I do not take a nap!..weird :)
When you come to Colorado Springs this summer, do not worry, we will definitely be catching up with you guys!! :)

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!