Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Claire's 1st Thanksgiving, Princess Cakes, and More! :)

Wow. We have been busy. Which explains the lack of blogging! :)
Starting in mid-November, things really started to get added to our calendar and there have been very few days where we just get to do nothing. Today is one of the first in a LONG time! :) We celebrated Claire's 1st Thanksgiving, we visited Neil's grandparents in Denver, I made 9 princess cakes, I said goodbye to my dear friend Jenny (they are moving to Fort Leavenworth, Kansas), Kelly and Carly Wireman came and stayed almost a week with us and we Christmas shopped...all within 3 weeks!
Claire's 1st Thanksgiving was a memorable one! It was so much fun! We spent it with Jenny and Bart and their two girls, Gina and Wyatt and their three kids, and then us...all in a 2 bedroom TLF (Temporary Living Facility for those non-military readers!). Now that is a true military Thanksgiving :) The food was amazing and we even played a fun game called the Dumb Game! It was so nice getting together with these wonderful friends! Thank you Jenny for hosting!
2 days after Thanksgiving, I made 9 princess cakes for Libby's bday party! It was so fun decorating these little cakes but if I NEVER see pink and purple icing for a LONG time, I will be just fine :) They turned out really well and Libby loved them!
Claire has started on a little table food. She really only likes Puffs and bread right now, but we are trying to slowly introduce new foods to her. Of course this is pretty difficult to do when she has NO teeth :)
Kelly and Carly Wireman came to stay with us on December 7th-12th and we had a wonderful time catching up! Carly is 19 months old and is an absolute cutie! Chris is deployed to Iraq until April. I took them to the Denver airport on the 12th and they flew to NC to stay with Kelly's parents for 3 months! She will stay with us in March when she comes back through! I cannot believe that Claire will be 1 year old when they come back!
We are getting ready for Christmas and Owen can hardly wait! Every time he sees Christmas decorations he starts yelling out "Christmas! Christmas!" He loves looking at all the wrapped presents under our tree. It is fun this year because he is old enough to really understand what is going on. That also makes it hard to buy presents and keep them hidden :) Oh the days when he could sit in the shopping cart while I loaded it down with presents and he would NEVER know :) My mom and dad fly into the Springs on the 22nd and leave on the 31st! It is going to be a good Christmas!
Owen and I made our 2nd annual Gingerbread house over the weekend. This year it was much more fun because his attention span lasted more than the time it took to put on 2 pieces of candy. Last year, I think I ended up decorating the entire thing! I plan on doing this every year with the kids..until they get tired of doing one with their old mother :)
We hope you are all doing well and are enjoying the Christmas season! Happy Early 4th Birthday to my adorable niece Emily!! :) We love you!









our 2nd annual gingerbread house!

















This is how our monthly photo shoots go now! This is Claire at 9 months...can't you tell :)















The only decent one I got for her 9 month shot :)





















Owen with Carly!




















The whole gang at Focus on the Family!

















Claire asleep in the doorway bouncer while I got ready one morning!

















Owen as BATMAN! This is the face painting he chose at the kids' Christmas party on base!


















Claire in a swing for the 1st time at Libby's bday party at Aerials Gymnastics!











9 little princesses all in a row!

















Neil and Claire in Denver at Neil's grandparents' house! I loved how this shot turned out!



















Family shot at Claire's 1st Thanksgiving!
















Owen and Claire watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! A tradition in my house growing up!















Claire loves Puffs!












Trying Puffs for the 1st time! Look at those chubby hands...I could not resist!















Trying to get her hands to work with those Puffs!

No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!