Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Update on Ian's Physical Therapy!

Ian has now completed two sessions of Physical Therapy and has been such a good trooper at both appointments! He lets the therapist do all sorts of exercises with him and never cries! I had another therapist yesterday tell me he was the best acting baby she has seen during therapy AND that his siblings were the most well-behaved siblings she has seen!! :) I was a VERY proud mother yesterday! The therapist that is working with Ian is so gentle and I am very happy with how things are going so far (it has even sparked an interest in me to pursue a possible degree in Physical Therapy!!!)
Neil and I have seen improvement daily with Ian's neck strength. I have some exercises that I do at home with him daily along with a TON of tummy time. Ian used to cry at the first minute of tummy time and now we can get up to almost 15 minutes without him shedding a tear! Luckily, Ian has a very mild case of torticollis so physical therapy should fix him right up!
Here are two pictures taken 2 weeks apart..you can already see a huge difference with how he has his head positioned when laying on his back on the floor!

No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!