Friday, May 16, 2008

Virginia is For Lovers!

Well, Owen and I are back from the gorgeous east coast! It was a wonderful trip but it was time to get back to our familiar routine and of course, to Neil :) Owen was a very good boy on both flights-to and from Virginia. I could not have asked for him to be any better! We brought back the good Virginia weather with us as today is in the mid-80s and tomorrow will be 90!! Neil is taking Owen to the air show on base tomorrow while I am getting an hour long massage for my Mother's Day present :) Neil had the house SPOTLESS and he went to Entrees Made Easy and made a few meals for us so I would not have to start cooking right away! What a guy! :)

I am so thankful for all the friends and family that we were able to see while at home. Lydia Wallace Ellen waited until April 29th to make her beautiful appearance and I was able to be at the hospital when Greg announced that she had arrived! She is perfect in every way and Denise was a trooper...survived NATURAL childbirth! :) Way to go Denise! I enjoyed the time I got to spend with Emily as well. She is an absolute doll and makes us all laugh with her funny songs that she makes up! I have posted a variety of pictures from our trip. Enjoy!


Owen enjoying Grammy and Papa's beautiful green grass! He loved spending time outside playing in their yard!


















Owen bouncing in one of those inflatable bouncy things at the carnival and mom and dad's church!















My beautiful and smart niece, Emily, and me at the hospital waiting for Lydia to arrive!!














Lydia Wallace Ellen! Only a few hours old!


















Owen discovering his love for corn-on-the-cob! One of my FAVORITE summer foods!!




















Two of my favorite little kiddos!













Self taken picture :) Everyone else was outside and I did not want to miss the moment :) Isn't she gorgeous?





I have TONS more pictures that were taken on our trip but did not want to overload this page with pictures :) Check out our snapfish.com page to see the others. If you do not have that link, let me know and I will send it to you!
Have a great weekend! 1 more week and our sweet baby boy turns 2! Wow.
































2 comments:

Ellyn said...

I know you aren't feeling well, so I forgive you for not updating your blog in a while...(not that I can talk as there have been MANY times when mine hasn't been updated for over a week!). Just wanted to let you know that I'm still checking...every day :)! And I know you have some adorable pictures to post of a new TWO year old!

Laura said...

HaHa! I FINALLY got to it :) I actually kind of forgot too :) Ooops!

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!