Owen and I have had a busy last couple of weeks and have really enjoyed getting out and doing new things around Colorado Springs! Some days we do just stay close to home and make cookies or do an art project of some sort, but those days are just as fun! Last weekend, we made sugar cookies from scratch and then went to one of the public libraries to learn about Chinchillas and Hedgehogs! Owen even got to pet both animals!
This past Thursday, I took Owen to Santa's North Pole with my friends Mary Beth and Joy and their kids. Owen was in a weird mood and did not want to ride any of the rides or do anything, so I do not have any really good pictures to post. Maybe next year, he will be old enough to enjoy it..and daddy will be there with him :) I know there are days he is just tired of being with mommy! :)
Neil comes home in less than a week! Owen talks about his daddy coming home everyday and cannot wait to give him a hug and wrestle with him on the liv
ing room floor! I cannot wait to have him home so this will feel more like a home. It is so weird to think, he really has not lived here! We will head to my friend, Joy's, house for Thanksgiving Day! I was just going to cook for the 3 of us, but Neil said he would like to go so I am not in the kitchen all day :) What a wonderful man!
I am trying out a new evening MOPS tonight at the church we have been attending. I am so excited to meet some more moms! Hopefully Owen will meet some boys in childcare since all he has really met so far are girls! :)
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and I am sure I will posting pictures from Neil's visit! Eat lots and lots of turkey and pumpkin pie!
Owen sitting next to the gorgeous flowers Neil sent me..and the bouquet was so perfectly called "California Dreaming!"
Owen mixing up the cookie batter!
Owen decorating his cookies! Such concentration!
Owen petting a Chinchilla. Ignore the expression on the lady's face, she was asking if I had taken the picture..as I was taking the picture :)
Owen petting the hedgehog! He was so cute!
Owen making a hedgehog craft at the library after seeing the animals!
And last but not least, me at 23 weeks pregnant! :) Some people have been asking to post a picture, so here ya go! :)
1 comment:
I love the pictures of your little Owen and your growing belly! You look great. I am glad that you are having so much fun with Owen. Colorado sounds amazing. We would love to get there at some point!
Post a Comment