Monday, December 1, 2008

Daddy' Visit and SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!! :)


 I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving because Neil was able to come home and spend a few days with us! Dinner was at a friend's house and it was absolutely delicious! It was nice that I did not have to spend too much time in the kitchen and was able to spend it all with Neil and Owen. To top it all off, that night it started snowing and snowed off and on the entire time Neil was home. And the morning he left, we got DUMPED on for about 20 hours straight. You will see how much snow we got from the pictures at the bottom!
The first picture pretty much sums up the trip for Neil :) Owen was attached to him from the time he woke up until the time he went to bed, which is what we expected. Owen was so excited to be able to wrestle with daddy, play horsey with daddy and run around the house like a mad man! All things that I cannot do due to my growing belly and limited amount of energy! We decided not to put up our full-sized Christmas tree since I would be putting it away by myself at 7 months pregnant. So, instead we bought a little one for Owen to decorate. This way, he will have one for his room when we do put up the big one each year. 
We were sad to see Neil go but in only a short 3 weeks, we will be together on the east coast for Christmas for almost 2 weeks! I am sure the time will fly by until our flight with all the things that we will be able to participate in for the holidays! (Neil, we miss you terribly!)
All day Sunday it snowed. And snowed. And snowed. NON STOP. We got over a foot of snow. Owen loves it! I took him outside this morning to make a snowman but the snow was too fluffy so we will try again when it starts to melt. Instead, we walked around the neighborhood for about an hour and he absolutely loved every minute of it. Even when snow went down his coat! (I was ready for a meltdown and to carry him all the way back home, but he was good to go!)
I hope you all are well and enjoying the holiday season!


Daddy playing horsey with Owen. Best way to watch tv as a 2 1/2 year old! :) 



Owen saying "cheese" after taking our family Christmas picture! Rozz does not look too thrilled!









As you can see, we got tons of snow! And funny thing is, it was not predicted! Those weather people have NO idea what they are talking about. Did any of them go to college? :) 


              





























2 comments:

Unknown said...

So the meteorologists out there don't know when it's going to snow? Sounds like you should step in and show them up! You wanted a part-time job as a (temporarily) single mom with a second on the way, right? ;-)

Laura said...

Ha! They forecasted the snow that fell Thursday night, Friday and Saturday but that did not accumulate much. Then as we got up at 3:45 am to take Neil to the airport, it was really coming down and sticking..and then it did not stop until 9pm that night!!! They were so wrong :) haha
If I stepped in to forecast it would be a disaster..I have not thought about anything forecast like in over 5 years :) And you remember me in college, I did not even try then :) hahahaha

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!