We made it back safely to Denver on Tuesday from our WONDERFUL trip to NC/VA. We flew into Raleigh on December 23rd and was greeted by the (much needed) smiling face of Neil! It was the best Christmas present I could have gotten! We then spent the 23rd and 24th in Raleigh with Neil's parents and headed up to Richmond on Christmas Day, where we spent a VERY nice family get together at Marc and Karen's. The weather was nice so the kids were able to play outside. The food was wonderful and the company was fun!
Neil was able to spend almost all of his trip with us in Richmond, so he was able to do some fun things. We went to Maymont Park with Greg, Denise and the girls (LYDIA IS ADORABLE!), the Children's Museum, made smores spent some wonderful time with family. Neil had to leave to go back to NC for his flight to CA on January 3rd (our 5th Wedding Anniversary :( ) but I was able to stay in Richmond for one more week.
That week we spent more time with Greg and his family and we even took Owen and Emily roller skating! What a fun time! I was kind of apprehensive as to how Owen was going to do, but he took to it like a champ! We even went again today in Colorado Springs and he had an equally good time. Looks like I found our weekly event :)
Neil has 20 more days and then he will be home...FOR GOOD!! No more saying good-bye after a couple of days and no more sleeping alone!! :) Of course, having to share a bed when you are 7 months pregnant (almost 8 when he gets home) is not an easy thing to be excited over! I am looking so forward to actually sharing our new house with each other and really making it a home!
I had a great time at home and thanks to everyone who made that happen! I enjoyed all the time I got to spend with Emily and Lydia. They are absolutely the cutest girls out there :) I wish more than anything I could see them more often.
Hope everyone is well. We have 8 weeks left before my due date. I had an appointment yesterday and baby is head down! YEY!! :) I will not even mention how much weight I gained over Christmas..and there is NO way it was all baby!
Enjoy the pictures and I will be better about posting more often!
Love to you all from "warm" Colorado Springs!

Christmas Eve at the Menzie's house. I thought that dress was so cute..but I look like a fat cow in it :(
Christmas morning..getting ready to eat the rest of the cookie that Santa left!
Dancing for Santa :) What a happy little boy!
Making smores at my mom and dad's house during our Christmas Celebration with Greg, Denise, Emily and Lydia!
Petting the goats at Maymont Park in Richmond!
The kids being kids at Maymont! I love this picture!
Owen roller skating for the first time ever and he LOVED LOVED LOVED it!
Owen and Emily together one last time before we left! They sat in this same chair together April 2007 as infants. They sure have grown up!
No comments:
Post a Comment