Friday, February 27, 2009

Neil. is. home. And right now, that is all that matters. He has been home for 3 weeks now and it has been so nice! It is amazing how easier things are when you have help from your husband! I am proud of myself though for making through the last 4 months while he was away. It really did make me a stronger mom.  As you can see from my pictures, Owen is LOVING having daddy home! They wrestle, chase each other around the house, play cars, play baseball, play outside (we have had GORGEOUS weather the last week), and other boy things that mom was never really good at while Dad was gone :)  But, Owen still loves to bake with me, and of course, eat some batter, too! 

We are going to sign Owen up for t-ball at Peterson Air Force Base for May-July. It starts with 3 year olds and they said even though he will be turning 3 during the season, he can still play! It will be HILARIOUS to see little 3 year olds doing whatever they want on the field because they are way too young to have any concept of playing the actual game! We are excited to cheer him on! :) 

Baby #2 is due in 2 weeks tomorrow! 14 days. 14 days. 14 days. I am getting pretty uncomfortable so I am ready anytime! Neil and I are both excited to finally meet this little boy or girl! We THINK we have names totally picked out for each but I am still unsure about one. Everyone will just have to wait! 

Hope everyone is doing well. Hopefully the next post will be pictures of the newest Menzie!  








Baking a cake with mommy! And licking the batter..the best part! (made with Egg beaters so it is safe for both of us to eat! :) 




















Waiting for Daddy to pitch the ball! 

















LOVE the look on his face in this one! Such concentration! And good position :) If he takes after his Uncle Greg, he will be a natural!

















HOME RUN!!! :) 



























No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!