Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Owen!

On May 23, our handsome little boy turned 3! We cannot believe how fast time went by! I still VIVIDLY remember the day he was born :) Owen has provided us with hours and hours and hours of entertainment, smiles and laughs, along with hours and hours of frustration, stress and high blood pressure :) Ah, the joys of having a toddler! :)
Here are a few things about our little Owen!:
* He is very smart and talks very well...and a lot! I wonder where he got that from :) 
* He loves spinach, broccoli and black olives..but does not like much candy..thats my boy!
* He could spend all day outdoors exploring if we let him. He loves playing in dirt and finding bugs. 
*He is really coordinated and if we do it right, he will go far in sports!
* We thought he was color blind for the longest time..turns out, he was just holding out on us. He knew his colors.
* He wants to know how everything works. Of course, there is only so much we can tell him. We do not even know how things work!
* He LOVES watching airplanes take off and land at the airport
* He loves to read and look at books.
* His attention span for coloring is very small but he can sit and play with play doh for a long time!
* He can dance. Really well actually.
* He loves to sing.
* He absolutely loves Claire and is so gentle with her.


I could go on and on and on but that is enough for now (and notice I only added the positive things about him and not things like he throws a fit if he gets dirty from food or if he falls down and gets embarrassed. ) Those will be saved for another time :) 
Happy Birthday Owen! Mommy and Daddy and Claire love you very much!

(oh and keep scrolling down, I blogged a new blog below this one about Claire!)































































































1 comment:

Unknown said...

He's 3 already? Boy, we're getting old. ;-) Glad to see you're up and blogging again, and that things are going well out there!

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!