The Menzies have been busy yet again! And we are only about the get more busy because in 2 days we live for ORLANDO! We are headed to Florida to visit with Neil's Grandpap who has not met Claire and he has not seen Owen since he was 7 1/2 months old! We are spending 5 days there and then heading up to Raleigh and Richmond! We are VERY VERY excited! Disney World should be a lot of fun, even if my son is scared of people dressed in costumes :) Anyways..on with the post!
Claire is eating like a big girl! No more liquid diet! She was a little confused at first but has since really opened up to eating solids...literally! We are up to all veggies now (except sweet potatoes, those come last since they are the sweetest) and after we get a good grasp on those, we will start fruits! I know she will LOVE LOVE LOVE fruits! She had her 6 month appointment mid-September and was 17 lbs 3 ozs and 25.59 inches long. Those stats put her in the 75th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for height! A little different than Owen, who was always 90-95th percentile in both!
Owen had his first trip to the dentist last week and was AWESOME!! He did so well! I was one proud mama! We walked into the office and the receptionist and our hygienist was sitting at the front desk and Owen went up to them and said "HI!" I about died! Of course, both ladies were very attractive, so I am sure that was part of the motivation! :) I went first so he could see what was going to go on. He could not have cared less! He sat in the chair next to me and watched cartoons the entire time. Then it was his turn...I admit, I was a little nervous to how he was going to be. He is not always open to new adventures and after sitting for an hour while I got my x-rays, cleaning and consultation, I just knew he was done. Nope..he got right up into the chair, put on those sunglasses and let the hygienist and dentist do whatever they needed to do! Way to go Owen!
Last week, we went up to Denver to visit Neil's grandparents and spent the day at the Denver Zoo! It was PERFECT weather and it was not very crowded so we had a lovely day! We are so thankful that they live so close and will really get to know their great grandchildren. Owen loves going to their house and playing in Jack's workshop. It truly is a little boy's heaven!
This will be the last post until I get back. I will have the camera and I promise to take lots of wonderful pictures to blog about when I return! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment