Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ladybugs and Pterodactyls and games Oh my! :)

Richmond was a lot of fun! (as always!) We were able to see a lot of people that have not gotten to meet Claire yet. We stayed busy, which made for some tired kids! I loved seeing all the fall colors on the trees and watching the leaves fall to the ground. I really do miss having "real" trees out here!
It was fun celebrating Claire's first Halloween with my mom and dad. I know they enjoyed getting to take their grandkids to their church for the Fall Festival. Owen loved playing all the games and of course, eating all the candy that he won! Claire was an adorable ladybug for all of the 30 minutes she kept her costume on :)
It was a lot of fun for me to be able to take Owen to the pumpkin patch that I went to almost every year growing up! Nothing has changed, which made me happy :) We took a real hayride out to the pumpkin patch and picked pumpkins..still attached to the vine! Now that is real pumpkin picking! :) Owen and Emily had fun running around the patch picking out pumpkins and then eating the YUMMY doughnuts that mom stood in line for 45 minutes to get! :) Thanks mom!
We hated leaving Richmond, but it was good to get back home and get these kids back into their routine and into their own beds! Mom and dad are coming out here for Christmas so this separation will only be fore a month and a half! :)































Owen enjoying the leaves that he does not have in Colorado :)
















































Richmond tired her out!


















My cousin, Fred, and his family meeting Claire for the first time!



















Owen with his cousins! (and my nieces!)





















Kellye and her husband, Brad, meeting Claire for the first time! I have known Kellye forever and she was the maid of honor in our wedding!



















































My ladybug and Pterodactyl!


































































Claire feeling the insides of the pumpkin we were carving! Right after this picture, they went straight into her mouth...yuck!






























My cousin Karen and Claire! I love this picture!

















Owen and Rodger! They had so much fun playing together! They would probably be best buds if we lived closer!
















Melinda meeting Claire for the 1st time! Melinda and I have known each other since we were oh, 4? :)



















Precious Emily at her special day at preschool!

















































Mom and Dad with all their grandchildren! It is only a few times a year that they are able to be with all 4 at one time!






































Denise, Lydia, my dad and Claire riding on the hayride to get pumpkins!




















Owen and Emily at the Pumpkin Patch!

















Claire meeting Lacy and Bashar for the 1st time! Lacy was my roommate at NC State! I have not seen her since her wedding, 2 1/2 years ago (when Owen was 10 months old!)

No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!