Monday, March 22, 2010

Breckenridge, Claire's 1st Birthday and Birthday Party!

(scroll down after this post, yes, there is another one!)

Claire is 12 months old. How did that happen? I can still vividly remember the day she was born. I remember the contractions, the pain, the heavy desire to get an epidural, not being able to get an epidural, and then of course, hearing the doctor announce that it was a girl! What a happy, happy day! She is a delightful baby and has been from day 1. She is always happy and smiling and if she is crying, it is because she is VERY hungry or very tired. She is beautiful. She loves to eat, carry around a sock (clean or dirty), blow kisses, wave to Baby Claire in pictures on her wall, laugh, and cuddle. We really could not ask for a better daughter.

We spent a couple of days in Breckenridge with Neil's parents for her actual birthday and it was a blast. We went sledding at the best sledding hill I have ever been on, went ice skating and enjoyed walking around downtown Breckenridge in the snow! It is a neat little town and it was so neat to be around all the skiers and snowboarders! Owen LOVED ice skating and has asked to go back many times since then.

Claire's 1st Birthday party was a huge success and a lot of fun! We celebrated with a lot of wonderful friends and were fortunate enough to also have family there...something that does not always happen when you live so far away from family! Neil's parents, grandparents, and Aunt Laurie were there to help celebrate! The older kids had a pinata, which allowed them to not get too bored :) I am very pleased with how it all turned out! I know she will not remember it, but everyone else will! :)


























No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!