Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Owen!

Owen had a wonderful 4th birthday filled with friends, lots of presents, a yummy cake, and a candy filled pinata! We celebrated his 4th birthday with his (and our) closest friends! Or wonderful friends, Dan and Ellyn, drove down from Cheyenne to spend the weekend with us celebrating such a special occasion! Our house was FULL of kids and parents when the party started but all the kids were so well behaved! The pinata is always a hit (literally!) and the cake turned out better than I had expected. I did cheat a little this time around though...I bought a plan cake from Costco and decorated it myself. That is so the way to go unless I want to do a 3-D design or a shaped cake. My kitchen was cleaner than it usually is when there is a celebrated that calls for a cake :)

We cannot believe that Owen is 4 years old. It really has gone by in the blink of an eye!
He is getting so creative and imaginative with his play, that sometimes I just like to sit and listen to him playing. I sometimes wonder where he comes up with his stuff! He continues to be very active and would rather run than walk and if he cannot run, he will jump wherever he wants to go! I really could do a lot with his energy level! He loves dinosaurs, Transformers, cars and digging in the dirt. If there is a rock anywhere near him, he will find it and pick it up! He is starting to get a little more brave in the pool and I am sure after a few more visits to a pool, he will become a little fish!
We love our little boy so very much..even through the tantrums, meltdowns and disobedience! :) I cannot wait to see where the next years take us with this amazing little boy!



















No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!