Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Better Late Than Never!

I do apologize for the delay in this post..or any post for that matter! Things have been really busy around here since Owen started preschool. Trying to adjust to a new schedule of taking Owen to preschool in the afternoon and coming back to put Claire down for a nap (at a different time than she is used to), has me thrown for a little loop. But I am getting there :) Owen started preschool in early September and LOVES it! It is a parent co-op preschool which means that you are in charge of bringing the snacks and working in the classroom once every 6 weeks. I did my first duty on September 27th and had a blast spending one on one time with Owen (a friend kept Claire for me). I helped the kids do marble painting, set up the snacks and then clean-up. Snack time was my favorite because I got to watch the kids eat snack "family style". They sit around two tables (at random spots each time so you get to know all the kids in your class) and they pour their own juice while singing " 1,2,3 that's enough for me!", and then they pass the juice and snack around to each other and serve themselves. It really does teach them manners and how to sit politely at a table. They then have to clean- up their own spots. I was very impressed at how well the kids followed directions!
Owen got to be the "leader" that day and wore a special pin, got to bring in two special things to share (a dragon and of course, Bunny Boy) and was line leader to and from recess. During the marble painting (he had done his early to show me how to do it!), I was watching Owen just walking around the room not really participating in any one activity, so I asked him what he was doing and his reply was "I am the leader today so I am making sure everyone is doing ok." Ha! Natural born leader?? :) When the 2 1/2 hours were over though, I was EXHAUSTED. Preschool teachers sleep REALLY well at night! :) Owen's teacher is FANTASTIC and does a superb job with the kids. Neil and I are VERY pleased with the choice we made in preschools!

I will post another post VERY soon about all the other things going on in the Menzie household! We just got back from a wonderful visit to the east coast where we got to celebrate the marriage of Carolyn and Madji! It was a beautiful event in every way and I will do the next post on our trip!






Ms. Osterholzer (aka Ms. "O" by the kids)








No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!