Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wedding and Virginia!

The wedding that the entire family anticipated for 19 months is over. It seemed like it took forever to get here and then just like that, it was over! Neil, the kids, and I flew to NC on October 12th to get there a few days to be able to visit with Neil's parents and Carolyn before the wedding festivities started...and to help out with whatever last minute things needed to be done! It was a fun few days leading up to the wedding and most everything had been done so we were able to relax and enjoy visiting with everyone. Cindy and I gave Carolyn and her bridesmaids a Bridal Luncheon on Friday morning and it was a huge success! Everyone seemed to have a good time getting to know everyone and the food was very delicious! (The cake would have been even better had the original one not totally fallen apart the night before! It was a disaster!) The rehearsal was that afternoon and then the rehearsal dinner was at The Melting Pot that evening. A HUGE thank you to mom and dad for coming down for the wedding and taking care of the kids while Neil and I got to enjoy an evening out at The Melting Pot!

The kids were both in the wedding and Owen was REALLY enjoying getting all the attention as the Official Ring Bearer! Madji and Carolyn gave him a shirt on Wednesday when they arrived that had "Ring Security" on the back. I do not think he took it off for 3 straight days...except for us to wash it! He loves his shirt! Claire was kind of out of it the day before and day of the wedding as we think she was fighting a cold (and yes she was and is JUST now getting over it!!). She really wanted nothing to do with getting into her dress the day of the wedding and REALLY wanted nothing to do with anyone but Daddy leading up to the ceremony. We knew we had a situation on our hands if we wanted to get her down the aisle! So we tweaked it a little :) Neil sat Cindy during the ceremony and then instead of going to stand up front, he came back with Claire in his arms, and walked me down the aisle as well. We had not shown Claire the bucket full of petals until we were just about to walk down the aisle! SUCCESS!! Neil threw a couple down to show her what to do and then she took over! :) After we got to the end of the aisle, Neil took Claire to my mom and dad and she sat quietly the entire ceremony!
Owen was not a problem! Like I said, he took his job very seriously! :) He did what he was supposed to do and walked down that aisle like a pro! :) He then also sat with my mom and dad and was very well-behaved during the ceremony!
The reception was a huge hit for Owen! As soon as the music started for people to dance, I am pretty sure he did not stop...except to eat cake :) Claire was pooped (as you can see) and slept the last part of the reception!
Everything was beautiful! Including the bride! It was a very exciting and fun weekend seeing all the family together and celebrating such a wonderful union between two people! Carolyn and Madji, congratulations! We wish you MANY, MANY, MANY years of happiness!

After the brunch on Sunday, I went up to Richmond with my parents and the kids! It was a short visit but very nice! I was only able to stay 4 days because my OB wanted me back before I was 34 weeks just to be safe. We were able to get together with Greg's family a couple of times and also had a very nice dinner with Marc, Karen, Olivia and Rodger!

I hope to get back home sometime next spring, if possible! Flying with 3 kids may be harder than it looks :)


























































No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!