Thursday, December 9, 2010

Introducing our 3rd little blessing!!

Ian Alexander was born on November 30, 2010 at 11:28 pm and weighed 7lbs. 8 ozs. and was 22 inches long! My water broke at home 2 hours (6:30 pm) after an appointment where the doctor told me I had made no progress from the week before (TAKE THAT DOC!) :) We made it to the hospital around 8 pm and I was officially admitted at 9 and put on antibiotics for Group B Strep. They wanted to get 4 hours of the medicine in me before he came out but, that did not happen! At 11:10 pm the midwife checked me because I was feeling some pressure and she said I was at 7 or 8 cm and that within the next hour we would have a baby! Well, within the next 18 minutes we had a baby...I went from 7 to 8 cm to holding Ian in 18 minutes...all natural with NO drugs! I felt amazing after the birth and it was definitely the best birthing experience I have had! It is nice to end on a high note :)
I am not going to talk too much about Ian as a baby because I REALLY do not want to jinx myself :) But I will say, he is amazing!
Owen and Claire love having him at home and they have adjusted really well and really fast. Claire is very gentle with him and always wants to know where he is. Owen loves sitting and talking to him and always wants him to come into his room at night for books and storytime!
Neil and I are truly blessed and cannot thank God enough for three healthy, wonderful children. We cannot wait to see what the future holds for us as a family of 5! (other than a mini-van!)
Just minutes old!

Holding Ian for the 1st time!
Not sure what Claire is thinking! :)

First family photo of 5!

Less than a week old!
Daddy loving on his new son!






2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations Menzie family!! =) So excited for you. And Laura, you go girl! =) (need I say more?) =)

Laura said...

HaHa! Thanks Sarah! :)

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!