Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ian is 1?? When did THAT happen? :)

Well, it happened. Ian is no longer a baby. I knew it would happen, I just had NO idea it would happen so quickly! The past year was a busy one with 3 kids 5 years old and under but I would not trade it for anything. They make me laugh, smile and sometimes want to scream, but all in all this is the best time of our lives! Ian is a very special little guy. He is ALWAYS happy, always smiling and is the most independent little kid out there. He never gets into anything he is not supposed to, never fusses and never makes me want to scream :) I was so anxious during my pregnancy with Ian because I could not believe we were going to be a family of 5 with 2 kids 20 months apart! He proved me wrong though...he has made it so completely easy! The adjustment was even easier than when we introduced Claire into the family.
Ian had a small, but really nice, birthday party on November 26th. I loved having Carolyn and Madji here to help us celebrate! Birthdays for the kids that include family are rare so we feel really blessed when we are able to spend such special days with family. I made the cake..surprise,surprise :) and it turned out almost exactly as I had planned.  Ian loved the cake and my friend Meghan took some wonderful pictures for me! So, enjoy looking at our amazing little guy turn 1!
Ian, we love you beyond words. I cannot express to you in any other way except through hugs, kisses and sweet words, how much we love you. You are a definite gift from God and I thank Him everyday for sending you to us..even when we thought it was not in our plans. God planned you and knew that it was the perfect time to give you to us. We love you Ian and here's to another happy and healthy year!




















No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!