But, VERY important words! I do not have any pictures to post right now (well I do, but they have not been uploaded from my camera to the computer yet) so I thought I would just write. Write about all 3 of my amazing children and what they are doing, saying or learning!
Ian is now 13 months old. No longer in the "baby" ages. Toddler ages. I do not like this. Not ONE bit. He continues to be the happiest baby I have ever been around. Ian is incredibly independent and so many friends and family have pointed that characteristic out to us. He will climb the stairs (oh yea, another thing he has learned!) and go to his room, sit on the floor and either play with toys or look at books. AMAZING baby! He is getting SO much stronger everyday and we even caught him the other night climbing up Owen's ladder on his bunk bed. Yes, CLIMBING up the ladder. Both feet off the floors and on the 1st rung, trying to get to the 2nd rung! We could not believe it. Here is our little baby boy who is a little behind developmentally and he was climbing a ladder. I was HIGHLY impressed! His top two teeth are trying their hardest to come in but for some reason are just "stuck". Ian has been a trooper though and if it were not for his swollen gums, we would not even know he was teething. He is mimicking us now and it is so darn cute! I was sounding out sight words with Owen yesterday and Ian was in his highchair mimicking the EXACT sounds. Ian is a definite blessing from God and we truly cannot imagine our family without him!
Claire. Where do I start with her. Claire is a spunky, energetic, funny, full of life little girl. I have so enjoyed having her in the mornings while Owen is in school and Ian is taking his nap. She is so sweet and still LOVES to cuddle. More so with daddy than me though (unless I am the only one home!) She has a smile that is contagious and if you do not smile when she smiles at you, you have NO heart. Dimples to DIE for! When Claire is in a good mood, she is all of the above. When Claire is in a bad mood, she is a terror! HA! The bad moods have been coming less frequently now and we are very thankful because if Claire ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! :) We are still working on potty training, and as we have the "pee" part down perfectly, the "poop" is not quite there. Neil and I have learned to not push her or put her in timeout for her accidents as the time will come when she will get it. No need to be mean about it. Unless it happens at 1 am and she comes in our room crying and yelling, "I pooped my pull up!" Really Claire? Really? She is also a blessing to our family and definitely keeps things exciting! Claire is counting to 20, recognizing most colors, and never puts the wrong shoe on the wrong foot. (something Owen took until over 3 to master!)
Owen is our little man. And I say that in the nicest way possible :) He thinks he is older than he really is most of the time, but we are getting a handle on that. Owen thinks he is entitled to things just because he is 5 and in school :) Well, Owen, you have a few things coming! He is still enjoying school and behaving in class. He loves his new teacher and does not fight me as much to do homework now! We think basketball will be his sport and if he could, he would spend EVERY waking minute outside. Too bad we live in a climate that does not allow that about 8 months of the year! We are working on reading, and as we are not quite saying he can read, he can definitely spot words now and sound new ones out. We are getting there! He loves going to Barnes and Noble to get new books, loves library day and driving his power wheel. Gym is his favorite "subject" at school and says he would like to be a P.E. teacher when he grows up. Owen still enjoys cuddling with us when nothing else is taking up his time :) Owen is EXTREMELY excited about moving to Virginia to play with his cousins more! He talks about it almost everyday!
All 3 kids may keep me on my toes and exhausted most of the days, but I love the ages they are right now. They are so cute and all 3 LOVE to dance before bed. We turn on the music on the computer and they just go at it. Owen has almost mastered the worm! Once he does, we will tape it and put a video up on here! Too funny! They truly are blessings from God and I try to remember that every minute of every day...even at 1 am when I am cleaning up a poopy pull up :)
Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!
Friends!
About Me
- Laura
- Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment