Friday, March 16, 2012

We Have A 3 Year Old!

We what? We have a 3 year old in the house already? Oh my. I really still cannot believe that Claire turned 3 on Sunday. Time flew by because, well, the 2nd year of her life I was pregnant with Ian and her 3rd year of her life we had a newborn. Claire is a spunky, funny, dramatic little girl who keeps us laughing all the time with her facial expressions and cute little sayings. She is a sweet girl who would cuddle with you all day if you let her. Claire is really good with Ian and I really do think they will be buddies in the future. Claire is not so good with Owen. She knows exactly what buttons to push to make him mad. All she has to do it take a toy away from him and you would think WWIII was happening. Like right now, they are fighting behind me over a toy as I write this. Ah, the life of a stay at home mom with a Kindergartner who has off from school today. Anyways, back to sweet Claire. She loves to run errands with me and go shopping. One day she threw a complete tantrum because I told her we were going to Hobby Lobby but later changed my mind and told her we would go another day. I should have videotaped her reaction. UN. BELIEVE.ABLE.  All I could do was laugh. 


I am going to miss hanging out with Claire all day when she starts preschool but she really needs to start preschool...soon :) Claire can be a very needy little girl so to stay with her all day is a little exhausting to say the least! But, I would not change one thing about her!


Claire Noelle, we love you and thank God for sending us such a sassy, spunky, full of personality little girl. I really cannot imagine our family without you. I cannot believe that you are already 3 but I look forward to the many wonderful memories you are going to continue making! We love you!




This is Claire. Completely. 




 This was the spread of goodies at Claire's party. I decided not to do cake but did Hello Kitty doughnuts and Hello Kitty cake pops instead! They turned out REALLY cute!




 Great Grandpa Jack and Great Grandma Nancy


 Officially 3! She woke up to a present in her room and streamers on her door!

Yep. Totally Claire. 


I do have to add one more thing that Claire just did to make me laugh. I am fixing them lunch and she does not know what she wants and then she sees the biscuits on the counter and asks for one of those. I told her she could not just have a biscuit for lunch and needed to choose something to go along with it. She looked at me and said "Well it is my choice not to eat." Really? Oh Claire, we love you! 

No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!