Bear with me through this post as I am getting very teary eyed as I look at these pictures and seeing how much my little boy has grown in just one year. When I dropped Owen off for his 1st day of Kindergarten last year, I was sad. And happy. Sad because it meant he was growing up. Happy because it meant he was growing up and becoming independent. And hey, maybe it also meant I did something right since he was ready to go. Or maybe did something really wrong because he could not wait to get out of the house. Either way, I was sad and happy all at the same time. Dropping him off for 1st grade should have been easier, right? Not at all. I think I was actually a little more upset when we got home because he was going to be gone ALL day from this point on with school. Kindergarten was only half day and it eased us both into this whole school thing. Now, I pack his lunch and he eats without me. Something he has not done since, oh, HE WAS BORN! But there is a silver lining to all these tears as I look at these pictures. He is happy, healthy, smart, LOVES school, and is well behaved. As a mom, I could not ask for more. Oh and he still wants me to walk him to his classroom in the mornings because "he likes me saying goodbye to him." Thank you Owen for making this sad time in my life a little happier!
First Day of Kindergarten 2011
First Day of 1st Grade 2012
First Day of Kindergarten 2011
First Day of 1st Grade 2012
Wish I would have done this for his first day of Kindergarten, but hey, better late than never! Will be doing this every year from now on though!
No comments:
Post a Comment