Friday, November 30, 2012

Landlocked Kids Enjoy the Beach for the FIRST time!

At the beginning of October, we decided to make a short weekend trip to Virginia Beach to let our poor, deprived little kids see the ocean for the 1st time ever. Being born in Montana or Colorado, the opportunities to see the ocean and play in the sand were, well, not there! I was sort of worried as to how each kid would react to the sand in particular. Ian has a slight sensory issue when it comes to things like grass or sand, but he is slowly getting over them. Owen LOVES to play in the dirt so I was not worried about him. Claire, well, can be difficult and if she does not like something, a full blown tantrum will happen and the fun everyone else may be having will abruptly come to an end. Well, worrying was useless for me. All 3 LOVED the sand and Claire and Owen played in the water for almost the entire 5 hours we were out there! Ian could not get enough of the sand. Rolling around and running and diving into it was his favorite thing to do.  I could not believe how much Claire enjoyed being in the water. I was very proud of her! Have I mentioned I love living in Virginia? The day we were at the beach in 85 degree weather, everyone in Colorado Springs was experiencing their 1st real cold day and it was in the 20s. Enjoy the pictures that I posted! I will leave this blog up for a day and then post another, so watch out! :) I am so behind that this is the only way I can keep up! 
















No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!