Saturday, June 21, 2008

I do not have any pictures to post this time but I did want to post a cute story involving our sweet Owen. On Thursday, Neil was down the street helping a friend move into their house and I was starting to get dinner ready.Owen was out of sorts for most of that day and the whining was just getting worse as the day went on. Of course, as I was trying to get dinner going, the whining was just endless. I was getting frustrated, as you all could understand. We had all the windows open, as it was a nice cool sunny day, and Owen came RUNNING into the kitchen yelling "Mommy, heart!", and had his hand over his heart. I was not paying any attention as to what time it was, so I just looked at him and said, "Yes, sweetie, that is your heart, good job!". He looked a little upset with my comment so I turned to look at the clock for some reason and it was 4:30 pm. Time for the National Anthem to play on base. Since the windows were open, he could faintly hear the music. He stood there in living room for the entire duration of the song. With his hand on his heart. After that, my frustration level went down and things just did not matter anymore. God sure has a funny way of calming moms down by throwing in some cute with all the not-so-cute that comes with parenting!
I may not be doing everything right with Owen, but I know I am teaching him patriotism! :)

No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!