On June 13th, we got to celebrate a very special day in the Menzie household! Neil turned 28! We celebrated with a big homemade chocolate chip cookie and then Neil and I took Owen to some friends' house and we went on a date! WOO HOO!!! Dinner without having to look at a kid's menu or say a million times to "sit on your bottom" or "use your inside voice". Neil and I really had a great time! The next day Neil had planned a day at the lake with some people from his work complete with hamburgers, hot dogs and a boat ride! For two days leading up to the trip to the lake, all Owen could talk about was riding on the boat! So, we rented him a life jacket from Outdoor Recreation and took him on the boat after lunch. I did not go, but Neil did. About 30 minutes later, we see Neil walking back from the boat with a limp Owen. He was COMPLETELY asleep and Neil said it only took about 2 minutes for him to fall asleep. He missed the entire boat trip! As soon as he woke up, he asked about riding on the boat but we had to explain to him that he fell asleep and missed his chance! I wish I could have gotten a picture of Neil carrying Owen off the boat but I was laughing so hard, it did not even cross my mind! The day was a success and we all had a great time!
Owen at Holter Lake in shorts and a t-shirt with snow in the mountains! Only in Montana!
Owen pulled out his chair and took a seat and had all of us laughing! He even posed himself like this as soon as I got the camera out...I think we have our hands full :)
Owen REALLY excited about his boat ride...and he missed it all! :)
We still have yet to hear where we are going next! As soon as we find out, we will post it :) So keep checking back!!! :)
3 comments:
Thanks for the great update and wonderful pictures! Poor Owen :(! Not that I don't check your blog often enough, but now I am going to be checking ALL the time to see if there is any news, but hoping I get a phone call first :)!
Boy, you got a real ham on your hands! If he's already posing for the camera at 2, I'm sure you really ARE in for it! =)
Tom, did you like Owen's hat? :)
Post a Comment