Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Variety Of Activities!


I am so sorry I have not been blogging as I should! We have been really busy between Neil's school work and work work and our everyday activities! And the older Owen gets, the worse we are about taking pictures! I know, bad parenting :) We are all doing well here and Neil is ALMOST done with the summer session for his Masters. (tomorrow actually!) We are headed to Canada next Monday for a week long trip that we are VERY excited about! A change in scenery will be good..and a much welcomed break for Neil! We will stay two nights in Calgary, two nights in Edmonton and two nights in Banff and then back to Calgary. The Calgary Zoo is destination #1 and Owen is already talking about the zoo! I am sure we will be getting cute pictures! It will be his first trip to a zoo and I know he will be so very excited to see "real" giraffes and monkeys! 
We still have NOT heard where we are going but we are still holding out hopes that we will hear VERY soon! And I PROMISE, I will post it on here as soon as we find out! Ok, enough chit chat..here are the most recent pictures we have of Owen's antics! :) 

                                                                                 

 Owen and his buddy Colin on one last 
playdate before Colin moved to Texas. Owen asked everyday about Colin right after they left but has not asked about him much lately. He has been playing a lot with our next door neighbors' son, Adam, and they get along really well! I think this has taken his mind off of Colin for a little while..which is good because trying to explain to a 2 year old that his friend moved, is not an easy task!







One night while I was cooking dinner, I was listening to some music and Owen came running in and started dancing. And for 15 minutes, we had "Soul Train" in the Menzie household! It was HILARIOUS! This is the best picture I could get in between bouts of laughter!











 Owen loves watering our flowers, indoors and outdoors, and does a really good job! He rarely ever spills any and takes very good care of my plants! I think he might get Mimi's green thumb! :) 














Owen is learning a lot on Sunday in the toddler room about Jesus and he knows we read the bible to learn about Him and that we pray to Him. Well, the other night we were talking to him about being thankful for all that we have and we asked him what he was thankful for. Whenever you ask an open question like that to a 2 year old, you sit back, hold your breath and hope he understands what you are asking. He looked at us and told us he was thankful for "Jesus, Puppies and Cake" HA! Such a simply happy kid! :) I could not argue with that answer because there have been many days in my life that I have been thankful for cake as well :) 
Tomorrow, Owen has a birthday party to go to for a little girl in his Sunday school class. There will be swimming pools set up and sprinklers as well to keep cool. And, I know Owen will be very thankful tomorrow as there will be birthday cake :)







3 comments:

Ellyn said...

Too cute, Laura! Thanks for the update and the great pictures of Owen. I was cracking up at the dancing picture before I even read the caption!! I'm sure you'll get some great pics during this next week. Make sure to ask someone to take a "family" shot while your on vacation!

Laura said...

He has some moves I have never seen before! :) He did not get them from me, that is for sure! hahaha

Ellyn said...

It must be from his dancing daddy! We've seen some of his moves before...haha!!

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!