Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Home, Sweet Home!

Well, we are back from a wonderful, successful trip to Colorado Springs and we are officially homeowners for the first time! :) Even after being pretty discouraged the first day of looking at houses, the process of finding a house was less bumpy than Neil and I thought it would be.(Thanks to Ken, Cindy, Nancy and Jack for baby-sitting Owen for us in Denver the entire week!!). There would have been NO way to have done what we did in 3 days with a 2 year old. We had a wonderful realtor who really listened to what we wanted and did not want and helped us get a great deal! Neil and I are so lucky to have some wonderful friends and family! We stayed in Cheyenne, WY the first night of our trip and got to spend some time with Dan and Ellyn!  We then headed to Denver for a night to visit with Ken and Cindy who had flown in from NC the day before, and with Jack and Nancy (Neil's grandparents). After a fun tim of catching up, eating Mexican food and ice cream,  Neil and I headed to Colorado Springs Monday to start the process! We looked at all resale houses that day and really did not like what we saw. So, we started looking at inventory houses in new developments and really lucked out! They are giving away these houses with some AMAZING incentives that we would have been stupid to pass up! On Wednesday, we had signed a contract with the developer! Thursday we had a mortgage and a sold sign in the yard! :) God really did provide for us last week and we are so blessed!!
Instead of staying in a hotel and paying $80+ a night, we were fortunate to be able to stay with some of the Menzie's friends who live in a GORGEOUS house in Colorado Springs! They are the NICEST people and gave us a garage door opener and just let us come and go when we needed to. I do not have pictures of the house, but it is amazing and the view overlooking CO Springs (it is in the hills) is spectacular. Neil and I had so much fun getting to know our new city last week! The Springs is beautiful and has everything you would ever want in a city (and more!)
I posted pictures of our new house!  Thank you to everyone who helped make our trip stress free and enjoyable!



Our new house! I will send out an e-mail with our new address! I did not want to post it on here :) 






Our beautiful kitchen! If you know what our kitchen  on base looks like, you would understand why I am so unbelievably excited about this one!!  The room going through the arch way is the front of the house and we will use that as a sitting room/office. I Am standing in the dining area taking this picture. You can also see the stairs going upstairs.







Looking up to the dining room (where I took the last picture) from the family room. This house is called a 4 level: Top floor with the bedrooms and laundry room (YES!! I do not have to do laundry in the basement anymore!) then the main level that has the kitchen, dining room and sitting room on a level with 4 steps going up to it and then the family room and unfinished basement (which we want to finish later on with a rec room, bedroom and bathroom). 




I have other pictures but these capture what the house looks like! We love it and cannot wait to make it a home for our family! I will post the others on snapfish if I think about it :) 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love love love the awesome blog. The house is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!! Pictures of me will just add to it's beauty. =) So glad that you and Neil were blessed with good things all last week. How did the grandparents say Owen did while ya'll were gone? Glad to see that O-baby is going to have a beautiful place to call home for YEARS to come.
Love you all!

Sarah said...

Your house is BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats! =)

Every Day Gourmet said...

I love the kitchen! I love having a big( compared to our previous house) kitchen too! It looks like you chose a beautiful home.

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!