Saturday, September 27, 2008

Last Post in Great Falls, Montana!

This is my last post. My last post as The Montana Menzies (we will keep the same name for ease). In 2 days, we will become The Colorado Menzies! :) The packers have come and gone and Owen and I leave tomorrow morning for Colorado! I will stay with Dan and Ellyn tomorrow night and then Ellyn and I will go down to Colorado Springs on Monday!!! :) Thank God for Ellyn. Having her come down to help with the movers is a complete blessing. Neil will be making his appearance sometime Wednesday. 

I will miss Great Falls. Not tremendously, but I will. I will miss all the friends I made. I will miss Harvest Springs. I will miss the playgroups that I was able to make for Owen. I will miss being able to drive 15 minutes to the airport, but will not miss the high airline prices to fly out of that airport.  I will miss Five Loaves scones and Iced White Chocolate Lattes. I will miss Mackenzie River and their wonderful pizza and chocolate chip cookies.  I will miss driving along the Missouri River, but will TOTALLY enjoy the view of Pike's Peak from our bedroom window! :) I will miss the first house Neil and I made a home in (the one in California really does not count as we were only there for 5 months) but will decorate and make the new one even more of a home! I will miss having the "mall" so close but will not miss the lack of shopping. I will miss living on base and having those connections so close and being involved in the Spouses Club. I will actually miss hearing the Star Spangled Banner at 4:30pm and will really miss hearing TAPS at 10:00pm. I will miss having super neighbors like Steve and Tonya, but will enjoy meeting all my new neighbors. 
One thing I will really not miss though: Seeing dead deer hanging up at all the taxidermy places during deer hunting season. Gross.
The list could go on but I need to take a shower and get over to the house and start getting it ready for inspection on Monday. 
Next post may not be for a while since we have yet to get internet service hooked up and Neil will be taking this computer with him to California..we are working out the details as to what we are going to do for a computer for me.  So, do not get too mad at me if I do not post for a while!
See ya in Colorado!!! :) 

1 comment:

Every Day Gourmet said...

Good luck on your many new adventures Laura! I love your attitude and be able to jump in where ever you go! You are going to meet incredible people at your next base and will have so much fun having good friends within a couple hours of you! There are things about Mt to be missed. It is so gorgeous there and the camping/hiking opportunities are endless! Have a wonderful cross country trip and enjoy Ellyn! You are going to have such a blast on your adventures together.

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!