Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Our Little Claire Bear!

I wanted to do a post about each child individually for the upcoming posts and I thought I would do Claire first since she seems to be the "typical" middle child...pushed a little more to the side due to Ian's medical issues and doctors' appointments and Owen's school activities and homework. Despite being toted all over town and not doing much "for her", she is a wonderfully patient and easy going child. Yes, she does have her moments where things are not quite so good in her eyes and she lets everyone around her know. But then again, she is about to be 3. Isn't that what 3 year olds do the best? :) Claire's favorite thing to do right now is annoy Owen. She knows EXACTLY what to do to push his buttons and that SCARES me to death. Why? Because she is not even three yet...I have LONG years ahead of me of them fighting if it is already this bad at these ages! Claire may know how to push his buttons but she also knows how to take care of him when he is sad or hurt or know exactly what to do to make him laugh. She truly has a sweet heart.   And as I type this, they are screaming and fighting...just 1 second......


Ok, back to Claire :)  Dimples. Did I mention those? Oh, they are to die for and we are in trouble in the future with boys! Oh and the crazy hair. Maybe we will not be in trouble with the boys! Her hair drives me crazy because we are trying to grow her bangs out and she. will. not. keep. a. bow. in. her. hair. for. anything. She has finally come around to keeping it in when we are out somewhere but as soon as get in the van, out it goes! I guess I cannot really blame her since I am the same way about putting on my "fat" pants whenever it starts getting dark outside and we have no where to go! :)


Claire Noelle. A fantastic little girl. A happy little girl with a laugh that is completely contagious. A crazy little girl with some awesome facial expressions. A little girl with a big heart who makes us smile everyday. A little girl who completely melts my heart. I love you Claire and I hope you know how happy you make us as a family.


Some funny Claire sayings:


"Home Tebow" (instead of Home Depot) Go Broncos!
"Mommy, let's Belax"  (Let's relax)
Claire, what are you thankful for (at prayer time before bed) "My bottom"  (ok then)



















This has got to be one of THE funniest pictures I have ever seen. She looks like a complete mess. If you look closely, you can see where she cut her own bangs (at the very top in the middle of her head)



3 comments:

Robo Family said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Those pictures totally cracked me up!!

Ellyn said...

Can't wait to see that girl in person, hopefully soon!!

Anonymous said...

Papaw has a special place in his heart for Claire Bear. He looks at her picture on our refrigerator each day and says, "I wonder what sweet Claire is up to today." He also has comments for Owen and Ian--you can see those on your future posts.
Love, Memaw
PS. I have two dimples too, although they're turning into wrinkles.

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!