That WAS the question :) But I decided to blog because a) all the cool kids do and b) we have so many family members and friends that live so far away and do not know what goes on day to day in the Menzie household :) I cannot promise that I will post everyday, but I will try my hardest to post as much as possible with stories, pictures and updates!
I hope you all will enjoy having access to this site!
Owen is talking more and more everyday and Neil and I are both amazed at how much he learns daily! We are working on learning the abc's and 123's and how to say how are you and my name is Owen. He already has down sorry, please, thank you, and excuse me. He even tells his toys excuse me if he needs to walk around them or bumps into them! Owen and I head home to Virginia on April 24th until May 15th to welcome the newest addition to the Ellen family. Greg and Denise are having a little girl and I cannot wait to hold her! I am also looking forward to spending some quality time with Emily and Owen together!
During that time, Owen and I will also be heading down to Durham to visit Ken and Cindy (aka Memaw and Papaw). I am looking forward to green grass, azaleas, dogwoods and all the spring flowers that we do not have here. I know it will be a struggle every day to get Owen back inside from playing! I have been telling Owen everyday that soon we will be flying on an airplane and I have even made a countdown for him to tear off a number everyday until we leave! Please pray that we have a safe and uneventful flight home!
Neil has been VERY busy with work since becoming the Section Chief for Upgrades. It is a good position for him and I know he will be very good at it! This past weekend, we had to go in to get his ID card so he showed Owen and me his office..WOW! It is HUGE! I was impressed! He is thinking about running a marathon in September but has not fully decided since we could be moving around that time or soon after! We shall see!
I am very busy with Owen along with all of his activities! He is still doing gymnastics every Tuesday and is getting better and better after each lesson! I am in a Women's Bible Study at church on Wednesday and am REALLY enjoying it! We are doing Experiencing God and I HIGHLY recommend it!
Well, that is all for now! Have a good one!
Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!
Friends!
About Me
- Laura
- Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!
2 comments:
Laura,
What a wonderful way to share your experiences! We look forward to reading about your dear family and seeing your photos.
Love,
Memaw and Papaw
Yea!! Another blog for me to read :)...like I'm not already addicted to the computer!
Love, Ellyn
Post a Comment