I could not catch a photo of today's funny moment but it was too funny to pass up posting! As I have mentioned in previous posts, Owen can now open the fridge and get out his milk or juice. Well, he also can get out anything else he wants, but in the past has been pretty good about not doing that. Today, he came running from the kitchen holding a jar of jalapeno peppers yelling "Want one, please!". I laughed and told him "no" and explained that he would not like the taste. He INSISTED on trying one, so I gave in and decided to let him see why I told him no in the first place. I proceeded to give him a jalapeno and he popped it right into his mouth! I waited and sure enough the face that came from this kid was HILARIOUS. Better than lemon tasting faces! After realizing that it was hot, he chewed it as fast as he could and then swallowed and ran away. I asked him if he wanted another one and he yelled back, "NO NO MOMMY!!". Is it mean that I laughed and enjoyed that more than I should have?
Owen eating a jalapeno pepper! hahahaha
Owen is ADDICTED to marshmallows right now and I figured as a dessert, there are definitely worse ones out there. He gets one or two a night if he is good but lately he has been asking for one every morning and afternoon as well. This morning he asked for one and I told him no and he got mad, went to the pantry (when I was not looking) and took a seat on the kitchen floor. I walked in and Owen had gotten into the bag of marshmallows and was helping himself. Unfortunately, he got a little swat on his bottom (not hard, do not worry) and went to time-out for disobeying me. He apologized later and I have since moved the marshmallows to a higher shelf :)
1 comment:
I don't think it's mean at all that you laughed at Owen with the peppers. Every now and then a child needs to learn a lesson the hard way. Who's to say it can't be amusing for you when he learns the lesson? =)
Post a Comment