Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pikes Peak, 6 months and bloody noses!

I did better! Only a week has passed and you get to enjoy another one of my GLORIOUS blogs :)  We were very busy this past week. Owen, Claire and I went to the Hot Air Balloon Classic on Labor Day (Neil had to work the night before so he was at home sleeping). The balloons launch at 7am so the kids and I got up at 5:30 am. I know, I know...WHAT was I thinking?!?!?! It was SO worth it! AMAZING! Those pictures will be in the blog above this one. I thought they were worthy of their own post! On Wednesday, Neil had off so we decided to drive west to a little town called Green Mountain Falls and have breakfast at this restaurant called The Pantry. (many friends have told us about this place) It was SO good! There was a creek, playground and lake with ducks to keep Owen entertained!  As we were driving back home, Neil turned off the main road to see if we could get to the road with some HUGE houses. Well, it was gated so we kept driving until we could turn around. Well, we ended up at the entrance to the Pikes Peak Highway, the road that takes you to the very top of Pikes Peak! So, since we were there, we decided to drive up! (We were not prepared as it was 40 degrees at the top and we were all wearing shorts, flip flops and t-shirts. Luckily, Owen and I had sweatshirts and Claire had a blanket!) IT WAS AWESOME! Mom, you would not like the drive. It is worse than Glacier with some places having NO guardrails and a dirt road. There is one stretch of road when you are about 11,000 feet up that you seriously feel like you are driving into the clouds. Unbelievable!  On Friday, our sweet Claire turned 6 months old! Those pictures are at the bottom with Bunny girl! Also on Friday Owen received his first bloody nose due to some rough, rough housing! What an eventful week! :)
Neil is back on rotation now but we enjoyed a wonderful 4 days off!















































































































No comments:

Day-to-Day Adventures of the Menzie family! Neil, Laura, Owen, Claire and Ian!

Friends!

About Me

My photo
Southerner and proud of it :) Air Force wife originally from Virginia. Met my husband Neil at NC State and instantly fell in love. Got married, moved to Texas, then California, Montana, Colorado and next up, Virginia!! Have 2 handsome sons, Owen and Ian, and a beautiful daughter, Claire. I am very thankful that I get to stay home with my kids every day!