I have always enjoyed baking and decorating cakes, cupcakes, cookies, etc. and used to only do it for myself or for family. Well, it seems that may be changing :) I recently made a baby shower cake for my friend Ellyn and it turned out really well...not as well as I had hoped, but still pretty! Before leaving for the baby shower, I was talking to my friend, Gina, about the shower cake and she asked me if I would make a cake for her son's 7th birthday party. I said sure and told her to get back to me with the theme. Well, when she sent the email telling me what he wanted, I got a little nervous. He wanted a pirate themed party. Oh. DEAR. So after I got home from the baby shower on Sunday, I went to work on planning the next cake. AND IT TURNED OUT SO CUTE!!!! I did a pirate ship, as you can see from the pictures, and as it is not perfect, it turned out really well, and my friend's son LOVED it! At the party, another lady took down my information to make cakes for her two kids!! YEY! And I have two orders for birthday cakes in November for my friend Jenny's two daughters! I am so excited to get started on planning those!
So, enough said...here are the pictures! Ellyn's baby s
hower theme was "Cherry Blossoms".





6 comments:
I LOVE the Pirate ship!!! SO approiprate for the Pirates win Saturday afternoon- hehehe
Ha! Good one :)
Oh, that's a great job! So you said "taking orders" - does that mean $$? Starting a new career in your "spare" time? ;-)
Trying to :) I would like to go to Pastry School when the kids are older so this is fun practice :)
Laura!!! They both look amazing!! You are very talented!! Glad you are enjoying it too =)
Thanks Sarah! I am no where near being able to do it all the time, but it is fun while I am making one! Hopefully, I will get to the point where I feel I can do a little bit of everything and not feel so afraid of taking "orders" :)
Post a Comment