When Prince William and Kate became engaged, a couple of my girlfriends and I "joked" about getting together and watching it. Well, when the wedding was upon us, the "joke" turned into reality and we got together on the morning of April 29th and watched what was an absolutely beautiful wedding! I DVR'd it so we did not have to get up to watch it at 2 am our time! That would have made for a long day of watching the kids :) We all prepared yummy, girly snacks and drinks and had a great time! The kids ran around like wild things and paid little attention to history in the making. They did enjoy the food though. We sat in front of the TV and acted like little girls who always wanted to become princesses by oohing and ahhing over the dresses, hats and of course, Prince William! I even broke out our China for the very first time since receiving it as gifts for our wedding! It was made in the UK so I thought it was VERY appropriate for a Royal Wedding Party!
I was 5 months old when Prince Charles married Diana and Ian was one day shy of 5 months old when this wedding took place! I love when things work out like that..call me a nerd, I do not care :) As you can see from our pictures, we ate well, we drank well, and we had a splendid time (say it in a British accent and it sounds better!)
No comments:
Post a Comment